Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To every end, there is a new beginning

Leaving my family -- and everything I've ever known -- was surprisingly easier than I expected.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family very much and I'm so close to all of them.  But I felt guilty.  I knew how it should be; everyone's eyes brimming with tears.  I suppose that's how it was for everyone else; but, I never cried.  I couldn't wait to leave!  Probably all of the excitement for starting the new part of my life.  Finally getting to move and be with my husband! The drive down here was surprisingly longer than I expected it to be, considering I left at 2:30 on a Friday and didn't arrive at my new home until 7:12 a.m. on Saturday. Leaving at night meant Christopher would sleep the entire time.  Still, it was a long night.  I smoked a lot of cigarettes and frequently had to pull over and run up and down the sidewalk to get my blood flowing.  All of the truckdrivers probably thought I was some kind of crazy maniac.  The closer I got the more frustrated I became with how long it was taking; especially after my mapquest directions took me to the wrong address on a different side of town to a really crappy apartment complex.  After driving for 12+ hours and ending up at that dilapitated building? I'll admit it.  I leaked out a few tears.  My diet for the night consisted of cheetos, ho-ho's, sunflower seeds, peanuts, and gas station sandwiches.  I hate all of that processed crap and I ate it to stay awake! So by the time I pulled up to my house I was shaking from all of the sugar and preservatives and when I got out of the car (our driveway is at a 45 degree incline -- mind you -- which didn't help matters) I about fell over and felt like I was walking on the Gravitron.  It was worth it though.  I couldn't be happier here.  Christopher has slept every night from 8 pm - 8 am since the first night.  No more waking up in the middle of the night! He loves all of the extra room to run around, he's ditched the bottle, and he goes to sleep all by himself when he's tired!  The only thing left for me to do is find a job...

No comments:

Post a Comment