Saturday, January 08, 2011

Why is bleu, taboo?

I HATE bleu cheese. 

*Hated*. 

 It smells like feet.  It's absolutely repulsive and has a funny aftertaste...and I can't get enough of it!  This pregnancy has made me like bleu cheese (dressing...don't worry, I'm not eating the unpasteurized stuff).  Before I was pregnant I would gag from just the smell of bleu cheese.  I had tried it a couple of times and actually spit it out --- which I don't do unless something is reeeeeally, really bad.  And then -- before I even knew I was pregnant -- I had a random urge to put it on my sandwich one day.  (This was in early August) I loved it!  I even put bleu cheese crumbles on my pizza --- (also pasteurized! I checked the label).  Since that's all I want on my salads...in my mashed potatoes...for dipping my steak in...on my broccoli.  I know the doc said it's alright to eat -- especially if it's just the dressing... but then you get the people that are like uber over the top with everything (completely avoiding caffeine etc...) and I almost feel a little guilty for having it!  Ugh!    I wonder if I will go back to hating it after I'm not pregnant anymore???

No comments:

Post a Comment