Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mission: Potty Training

Here's the deal: I've been doing a lot of research on the subject and I think for the next month I'm just going to get in the routine of getting Christopher used to the potty.  Take him in there immediately in the morning, before and after naps, and whenever I go to the bathroom.  Then, in 4 weeks, I'm going to try the "Diaper Free in 3 days" method.  Essentially. after the child is familiar with the potty, and used to going at regular intervals then you have them go naked below the waist over the course of 3 days.  During each day encourage lots of liquids and keep the potty chair handy and stay at home -- as there will probably be quite a few accidents.  Then when he starts to "go" just whisk him off to his potty chair and VOILA! Potty trained   :)  In 3 days...... (we'll see how that goes)  But I'm determined to have him out of diapers before the baby gets here!


No comments:

Post a Comment