Monday, April 04, 2011

37 weeks + 2 days

Had NST and my 37 week OB appointment today!  Had a contraction during NST that went into the low 50's.  I was actually really excited!  I didn't really even notice it until she pointed it out on the sheet.  I didn't want to get my hopes up that I was going to get "checked" (for dilation and effacement) today because the last doctor said she wouldn't etc and it seems to be different with every doctor I see.  But they wanted to!  I don't think I've ever been excited to have a vajay exam before... I am 1 cm dilated and nearly 50% effaced.  Which is progress, I think!  Due to my proteinuria he also wants me to go into labor naturally in the next week and a half otherwise he wants to induce.  So looks like I will be trying all of those methods out in the video a little sooner than expected!  In the ultrasound today I got to see Ryan's lungs moving-- which makes me feel really good.  That means if he comes out he will be able to breathe because his air sacs are formed and functioning!  (Although not completely because that doesn't happen until they come out and come in contact with the air when they breathe).  Also saw him swallow.  It was so cute!  Also I think he dropped a little today.  I know that sounds odd but I was sitting in the chair and got up and he felt like he was sitting a little differently.  Maybe it's just me!  But I think it looks like he did.  Even Rob said so...he said it looks like he was more down and right out front.


Took Christopher for a nice, long walk tonight.  Now I'm sitting here drinking glass #4 of Red Raspberry Leaf Tea!  YUM!  Trying to fix up "daddy"...he had a casualty today while attempting the splits, courtesy of Christopher.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment