Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The first 24

Ryan arrived at 635 after 1 contraction and 2 pushes! But I will do labor and delivery once I get home...

I just cannot believe how great I feel physically and emotionally this time around.i am truly grateful to have such a wonderful husband. Seeing ryan and him melts my heart! Ryan and I are breastfeeding and once he latches on he is a champ! He are for 45 minutes last night and 40 minutes this morning. Rob and I had our hospital 'congratulations' dinners last night. Not too bad! Ryan seems pretty mellow; but very high maintenance about his diapers. Any wetspot or skid mark and he is one unhappy camper!

We are snuggling right now.i really have to pre and I have bad cramps but he's so peaceful I just can't move him! I'm in love!


2 comments:

  1. Aw Sara!!! Congrats. He really is an angel! Look at his hair!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how long before you actually had your son after your membranes were swept, or how many times were they swept before he arrived? How far along were you? I am planning on having mine swept at 38 weeks. I'm going on 35 weeks pregnant now. My son is 1, and now we're having a girl. They'll be 13 & 1/2 months apart give or take... I had a horrible, horrible labor and delivery with my son. He was stuck and offset inside my womb. That could not have been prevented, but the fact that they had me on a high level or pitocin before my water fully broke and way before I had a chance to have my membranes swept... could have been done differently. After going into labor 5 days early, he was still 9 and 1/2 lbs. I know she'll likely be big too even if she's a little early. As far as I've heard, if the baby is ready, stripping/sweeping the membranes works/helps... What was the outcome with your experience? I couldn't find it.

    ReplyDelete