Monday, April 04, 2011

Sunday Thoughts

Yesterday was such a beautiful day -- 75 degrees and sunshine when we left!  No better place to be on a Sunday than at church with your family.  I was so proud of our little man.  He sat during appropriate times and was so well-behaved!  The only mishap was he kept touching the elderly lady's shoulder in front of us; but I really don't think she minded at all : )  He folded his hands during prayer time and when it was time to sing he grabbed the hymnal and "sang" for the whole song!  It  was just the cutest thing in the whole world. 



But sometimes I feel like I get more out of church from the 10 minute children's message than I do out of the sermon Is that just me?  It's short, sweet, and to the point.  And often times it doesn't beat around the bush.  Sometimes I feel like people go to church because it's the "right" thing to do.....and then they just sit there and tune out.  And sermons sometimes are just that.  A sermon.  They end.  I mean, I love the pastor down here and he actually makes sense!...  But I get a little disappointed.  I want him to give the church something to do vs. just talk at us.  Tell me to be nice to 10 people this week...or tell me how to apply the sermon to real life. I know it sounds ridiculous...I guess I'm looking for more.  Something to do beyond church -- to carry church throughout the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment