Friday, April 15, 2011

I Wuv You!



Christopher was full of the dickens last night when I was putting him to bed!  (Trying to give me spankings...when I told him to put his pajama shorts on he put them on -- HIS HEAD!, somersaulting around the room, whipping my butt with his towel, picking his nose...)  I was tired and uncomfortable and trying to get him to cooperate and help "clean up" --- which was actually pretty useless!  And just as I was getting really frustrated he came up to me and put both of his hands on the side of my face.  I have to admit this made me a little nervous at first, because I had no idea what he was doing!  Then he put his hands on my shoulders and looked at me and said,
 "I WUV YOU!"  Melted my heart!  And he wrapped his arms around my neck and gave me a huuuuge hug!!!  I said, "Oh Christopher!  I love you too!!!!"  He replied with a huge grin, "I KNOW!"  and then he gave me another hug and as he was hugging me he said,

 "Mommy?" 
-- "What hunny?"
"Bull-sit."     ....I couldn't help but to laugh hysterically; before telling him that that's not a nice word and we should say 'Bull-snap' instead!  I know it's not the first or last time he'll say a naughty word that he's picked up from us.  (Sadly, I know!  But we're definitely not perfect and you SWEAR they're a room away and can't hear you!)  But it was PERFECT timing.  That was the first time he'd ever said 'I love you' and it ended perfectly, too.  Classic Christopher.  Agh I love that little hellraiser angel boy so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment