Sunday, April 17, 2011

39 weeks pregnant

Ummm...SERIOUSLY?!  STILL PREGNANT!!!  I can't believe I am still pregnant.  Ryan is one content little boy!  Christopher's overnight bag and food bag are packed and ready at the door, just waiting for the last-minute refrigerated and frozen items to be added.  Hospital bag and diaper bag are (re)packed and waiting by the door.  Yesterday I nested.  (Mind you I've been nesting since we got home from Christmas vacation in January...this was different.)  I *intensely* nested.  I thought I was uber prepared for Ryan until yesterday came around and I found that the sofa needed to be scrubbed as well as the pack n play.  The empty boxes for his baby gear needed to be organized and so did his diapers.  I set up a diaper changing station / shelf in our room, vacuumed the entire house, deodorized the trash can, and scrubbed our coffee pot down.  Hmmm...

Today I've been having pelvic charley horses and a ton of Braxton Hicks -- but no more mucus plug or cramping.  I'm assuming that I'm going to be pregnant until Wednesday.  And even if I'm not, I don't want to get my hopes up!  Overall it was a really fantastic day, though!  The sun was shining, hubby made breakfast and the 3 of us just hung out.  I obsessed over every little mess...but besides that =)  We went to Target and I got the diaper bag I've been drooling over (it's seriously awesome! So glad I got it!) since I had a 15% off coupon.  Rob got some motorcycling clothes and he also got us an air conditioner for our room!  THANK GOD!  Kansas is hot.  Very hot.  And the A/C seriously doesn't work in our room -- it's a friggin hotbox!  Last summer was pure torture with 115 degree heat.  And I figure with the hotflashes I'm anticipating, a nice frigid arctic tundra will be help me drift off nicely to la la land.

No comments:

Post a Comment