Thursday, November 04, 2010

10 Things I've Learned about Pregnancy and Motherhood

1.) No matter how much sleep I get...I'm still going to be tired.  Might as well embrace insomnia and do something productive!
2.) I need a stroller that can hold up to our "off-roading" adventures.  Cheaper strollers are cheaper for a reason.
3.) Dressy maternity tops were a waste of money.  I felt old and didn't really like them anyways!  Casual, comfy, and cute is the way to go this time.
4.) Breastfeeding ( . )  ( . )  is great;  but I shouldn't feel pressured about it.  I'm going to breastfeed / pump and use formula at night to keep (more of) my sanity.
5.) Stressing about having the crib up and ready right away was pretty pointless.  Besides (short) naps Christopher slept in the bassinet or pack n play for the first couple months anyways!
6.) S - t - r - e - t -  c- h     m - a - r - k - s    f - a - d - e
7.) Exercise is important.  Had it not been for my daily walks; I would've probably had gestational diabetes!
8.) 300 extra calories...nonsense. Eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full.  I shouldn't worry about eating a certain number of calories / day.  My body will tell me what it needs
9.) Look at outlet stores for awesome deals. DollarGeneral?  Surprisingly has an adorable baby selection of (cheap) baby clothes.  When they outgrow them that fast -- who cares where they're from!
10.) Sit back and enjoy everything because it's not going to last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment